As you’re heading out the door to go to school, don’t forget the following things to help you have a successful and comfortable day with braces!
1. Toothbrush and toothpaste: No one wants a food-filled smile, which is why it’s a good idea to brush your teeth after you eat. If you brush your teeth after you have a meal or snack, you won’t have the embarrassing experience of having food stuck in your braces.
2. Floss: Sometimes the process of brushing your teeth is unsuccessful in freeing every bit of food that gets stuck in your teeth, which is why floss is so handy! If you floss your teeth after you eat and brush your teeth, you will never have to worry about having an unattractive smile.
3. Orthodontic wax: With braces, there are times when the appliance pokes and bugs you. When this happens, place wax over the area and continue throughout the day with the comfort and confidence you deserve!
4. Chapstick: Chaptick is extremely convenient at times because braces tend to make your lips chapped and dry. By applying chapstick throughout the day, you will have the fresh and smooth smile you want!
5. Mirror: Make sure to keep a small mirror with you. By doing this, you won’t need to make unnecessary trips to the restroom to check your braces. When you have a mirror with you, you can check your braces at any time.
6. Mouth guard: If you are an athlete or musician, don’t forget your mouth guard! A mouth guard is a beneficial appliance that protects your lips, teeth, cheeks, and tongue while you play instruments and sports.
7. Your smile: Don’t forget to smile! Even if you’re self-conscious, there is no need to be ashamed of your smile. Embrace your braces and show off your gorgeous smile!
For additional tips in making your experience with braces successful and convenient, call our office today and talk to your orthodontist! We are happy to help you have the best experience possible with braces.